Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Hangover Workout

Well it is the time of the year where I feel like every weekend is some kind of holiday party so I am surrounded by food and drinks. It is times like this that I am thankful that I take care of myself the earlier part of the year and can splurge alittle now. Even when I do splurge though I usually feel pretty bad the next day and want to make up for it with a good workout. Being in San Diego we are lucky since we can workout outside pretty much all year round. I did this workout at a park near my house, but you can modify it for an indoor gym workout too.

Warm Up:
1/2 mile run to the park followed by a dynamic warm up:
20 Yd Skips w/ arm swings
20 Yd "A" Skips
20 Yd "B" Skips
20 Yd Side Shuffles
20 Yd Lunge with reach
20 Yd Bear Crawls

Workout:
(I made each station at different parts of the park so I had to run about 50 yds to each)

10 Pull Ups (used a swing set)
10 Box Jumps (used a table)
25 Push Ups
10 1 Legged Squats (on a bench)
20 Sit Ups
20 Yd Sprint back to the beginning

I went through this circuit 3 times taking breaks when I needed them. I didn't time it but it probably took about 30 minutes to get through. It was a great cure for the holiday party hangover.

Mike
www.sandiegopremiertraining.com

No comments: