Sunday, February 19, 2012

Newest Member of SDPT

Hey guys,

I know most of you have probably heard by now, but last Tuesday, Valentine's Day, we had our baby. His name is Davis James Deibler, weighed in at 7lbs 1oz and 19inches long. Davis and Mom
are doing great so far and it is well worth the lack of sleep. I don't normally post non fitness related blog articles, but I couldn't help myself. Plus a number of you have asked for some pictures so here you go.

Everything went great and I highly recommend to be as fit as possible before you get pregnant or pass this on to anyone you know who is thinking about it in the future. Here is a quick recap of the night. We went out to eat with Emily's parents who just got into town. Immediately after dinner her water broke. Luckily we didn't have too much to drink and we went home to grab our bags and off to the hospital. We got there around 11pm on Monday. Everything was going really well. No contractions yet so we were just playing the waiting game. To speed things along Emily tried a quick workout. I didn't think you would believe me so here is a short clip. She was doing squats before this and then finished with a moonwalk.




After a few hours she was put on medicine to help speed up the contractions and we got a few hours of sleep. Around 9am she was 5cm dilated and we were still just sitting and waiting. Let all of a sudden the contractions came hard and we then checked again a couple hours later she was at 10cm and ready to push.

The nurses got everything prepped for her and she started pushing. After two contractions she had to stop and wait for the doctors to come because she was pushing so well. When the doctor finally got there, which seemed liked hours, after around 4-5 contractions he was out (I will skip some of the details here).

The nurses and doctor were amazed with how quickly she got him out and kept commenting on how strong her core was. I took that as I huge compliment. Like I said before if you are thinking of going through this process get as strong as possible and you will save yourself a lot of pain.


He was a screamer when he first came.
But eventually settled down when he met Mommy.
He was definitely curious right from the start.
It looks like I found my replacement. Just need to get him trained and then I can retire.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Mike. He's beautiful! Makes me wish my 15 year old was still a baby. Congratulations to you and your wife. You're going to enjoy every moment of him. I can't believe she was doing squats during labor! She's set that bar way too high. Let's just make it very clear, I'm still going to curse & miscount (hoping you weren't counting) during the circuit training.

Mike D said...

Thanks Michelle! Emily was a trooper. Just remember that was early on in the process and she wasn't feeling that good a few hours after that video. Cursing is fine at the studio but I might have to do your counting for you.

rainhampton said...

Beautiful! ! Thank you for sharing! !

Rain H said...

Beautiful pictures!! Congratulations!!!