Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Best Fitness Gifts

Well it is that time of year already. As it always seems to do, the year has just flown by. I love shopping for the holidays when I know what I am getting. I can just run into a store and run right out and not have to deal with the crowds too much. When I don't know what I am getting it is a nightmare. Luckily I can do most of my shopping online now. I thought I would do you a huge favor and give you some great holiday gift ideas for the fitness enthusiast in your family. These are my top 5 favorite exercise tools that anyone can use. To return the favor please send me some other holiday gift ideas. I am really stumped this year.

If you click on the links you can actually take advantage of Perform Better's Annual Free Shipping sale, which is great for ordering kettlebells. Click on the pictures to learn more about each tool.

1. The TRX Suspension Trainer





Suspension Training is one of the hottest body weight training techniques in the fitness industry today. Personally I love using the TRX and use it with all of my clients. It is simple to set up and can be used anywhere. There are literally hundreds of exercises that can be performed with this piece of equipment, including some of my favorite and toughest ab exercises. It is no wonder that this product is being endorsed by some of the best athletes in the world, including Superbowl MVP Drew Brees.

2. Kettlebells





Again another personal favorite of mine. Kettlebells, like the TRX, can be used in a variety of ways and train multiple muscles and goals at the same time. Kettlebells are showing to be a very effective tool for fat burning workouts due to the ballistic nature of the exercises. If you are looking for fast paced, challenging workouts that will build strength and endurance at the same time, then this is your answer.

3. The Valslide





The Valslide is a lesser known piece of equipment. This unique tool can turn your flooring into an unstable surface. This piece of equipment uses friction training to improve muscular stability and strength. Use them to target multiple body parts such as your legs, inner thighs, and butt all at the same time. Or use them to stretch and tone your shoulders, chest and back. Some of the toughest core exercises I know use the Valslide.

4. The Power Wheel





No I don't mean Power Wheels that kids can ride around in. Although they should make those for adults. You can actually use the Power Wheel just like the Valslide but on surfaces that are not good for sliding. This is another very simple tool that can train all different parts of the body. The Power Wheel was designed to challenge the entire body to stabilize while moving. Because of its unique patented design, you can put your feet into the PW or your hands so you can perform unlimited core exercises. And because of the top level instructional booklet included, you will learn the best way to to get your core (abs, back and surrounding muscles) to its most powerful level ever!

5. The Gym Boss





If you have been reading this blog in the past I don't have to tell you how important interval training is for fat loss. The Gymboss Interval timer is the perfect tool to keep track of intervals. It is about the size of a beeper and can clip onto your waist band. Just set the work and rest time and hit start. You work as hard as you can until you hear the beep, then rest and repeat. Below you can actually see a video I made a while back using the Gymboss and Kettlebells.




There you have it. My 5 top holiday gift ideas. I highly recommend using the holiday free shipping deal going on, especially if you are purchasing Kettlebells.

Enjoy the holidays!

You Stay Healthy San Diego.

Mike Deibler MS, CSCS
San Diego Premier Training
My Workout Creator

No comments: